Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mike Castro's Liability to recreational users

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 07, 2003 03:49PM
What would I do?

I would let the person who was threatened solve their own problem. You said that he threatened SOMEONE ELSE. Let them solve their own problem with Mike. Help them, if they ask.

What would I do?

I might also do just what you did... once. I'd make it known... public awareness, as you say. Then I'd let the public alone... to form their own opinion and not try to manipulate it for them. But I wouldn't attack that person's friends and acquaintances. I wouldn't thrash everyone else that forms their own different opinion of that person.

I wouldn't let it consume my life. Whether you are religious or not, Christian or not, what happened to forgive and forget? Anyone worth their salt in the field of human relations would tell you to practice a bit more tolerance, to forgive... or forget... and move on.

You know, there are a whole lot of other folks posting to this forum who have an opinion that is DIFFERENT than yours. People who have had their own relationships with the man. Because they are DIFFERENT, does that make them WRONG? How does one know if their stories are more true than yours? And how does one know or not if YOU take over the ranch, that you won't be better or worse in a different way? And does it really matter what others think?

I'm not a buddy of Mike's, hardly know the guy, but I've corresponded with AZ Mike and know he get's along with Mr. Castro. But AZ and I don't thrash each other for our different opinions. And he doesn't try to convince me to join the Castro fan club.

Mr. Wizard and I have corresponded quite a bit about the springs, the ranch, life, etc. I know he is NOT a Castro fan. And I know he even defends you at times. But he does not try to convince me to jump on the "hate Mike" bandwagon, I don't don't harange him for defending you. I don't think these guys let their opinion of Mike Castro consume their lives one way or the other. That's two guys on two sides of the arguement, Katrina... and quess what? They both visit the springs on a regular basis... and enjoy the experience, and don't fear for their lives, or let it control what they do. And though they may have differences, they can be pleasent to each other.

"Try it, you'll like it!"

If you think you have a legal claim to the patch of dirt... then do something about it legally and quit stiring everyone else up. If you don't have a legal claim and you're shot down in court or on the forum, then accept it, painful as it may be. And move on... and live your life.

I don't think my life is at risk by paying the toll, abiding by the land owner's rules, and being pleasent. And I don't believe that anyone else acting the same way will be in danger either. If I had a bad experience with Mike, I'd probably quit paying the toll, and find another way to get to the springs. Simple enough. It might be an inconvenience to me... but guess what, we've all been inconvenienced over many things, many times before. That's life.

Now... "A man convinced against his will is of the same opinion, still." So I doubt that anything I've said will convince you to give it (and us) as rest. I doubt it will convince anyone to change their views. That's your (and their) choice. So... likewise, if I haven't convinced you... do you believe that you really will convince others with your posts?

I have no animosity toward you, Mike or anyone else here. This past week alone I have seen two good families that I am very close with, be adversly affected by consuming, errational behavior of one of the members of that family. One was forced to relocate to appease a troubled spouse... the other... burried their 22-year old son on Thursday after he committed suicide. I hate to see anyone mess up their lives or the lives of others from such consuming behavior. You can't change Mike, me, or the members of the forum, but you CAN change YOU.

Deep Creek Hot Springs will be enjoyed by those who really care and want to be there... with or without Mike's involvement... and with or without yours.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mike Castro's Liability to recreational users

katrina island 1378July 04, 2003 03:46PM

LaughingBear 776July 04, 2003 08:28PM

katrina island 804July 05, 2003 11:29AM

Gary 957July 05, 2003 08:04PM

MINERALKING 831July 07, 2003 08:42AM

Gary 774July 07, 2003 11:59AM

Arizona Mike 754July 07, 2003 12:50PM

Rick 868July 07, 2003 12:51PM

Arizona Mike 764July 07, 2003 03:42PM

MINERALKING 915July 07, 2003 08:03PM

Arizona Mike 734July 07, 2003 08:41PM

jobe 851July 08, 2003 05:27PM

sycamorelaughing 800July 08, 2003 11:08PM

MINERALKING 1426July 11, 2003 07:02PM

MINERALKING 906July 08, 2003 07:57PM

Gary 819July 08, 2003 10:05PM

katrina island 816July 07, 2003 01:14PM

Gary 812July 07, 2003 03:49PM

Arizona Mike 1127July 07, 2003 05:32PM

katrina island 942July 08, 2003 12:50AM

Gary 799July 08, 2003 07:53AM

Arizona Mike 753July 08, 2003 11:49AM

Gary 809July 08, 2003 12:38PM

Arizona Mike 729July 08, 2003 02:12PM

Friends of Deep Creek Arise

katrina island 786July 08, 2003 12:12PM

katrina island 762July 07, 2003 03:20PM

jobe 807July 07, 2003 03:48PM

Gary 927July 07, 2003 04:26PM

jobe 728July 07, 2003 06:19PM

LaughingBear 805July 07, 2003 09:42PM

katrina island 855July 07, 2003 11:02PM

LaughingBear 750July 08, 2003 09:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login