All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 08, 2002 02:54AM
Part 2........

I know that not everyone cares about the Bowen Ranch, or Mike Castro, or Katrina, or any of this contentious stuff. However, these people enjoy the Hotsprings and whether they like it or not this contentious stuff is affecting their right to future access of the springs.

At least if the public agencies do bring up these issues, you are better prepared to provide an educated response. However, I think there are many threats to the future of our enjoyment of Deep Creek. The endangered species and plants, the trash, the lack of facilities, the overnight camping, the cutting down of trees, the human impact on the area. If we participate in the management process with these public agencies (going on right now), it is possible to be able to influence the outcome. We need to provide reasonable solutions to the concerns of these agencies.

Now, I know we may not agree on anything, however, I will always encourage people to express their opinions. Some people would like to see Deep Creek become a wilderness area. Maybe this is a solution. The problems would be reduced due to the long hike you would have to make to enjoy the springs. Some people want to be able to ride their horses, ride their motorcycles, four wheel drive, hike, rock climb, .... All of these people should be heard to reach a reasonable balance to these interests. Some people have suggested that a random lottery be done each year allowing a number of visitors who would be able to enjoy Deep Creek for that year. I don't know what the solution is. All I know is that these issues are being talked about right now at these public meetings and if we are not there, a decisions will be made anyway.

What is being expressed on this forum is what is needed to reach a consensus on some of these issues. These issues are emotional and people have strong feelings. I realize that the Bowen Ranch and Mike Castro issue is very divisive, however, this is an important part of what I think you need to know about to defend ourselves with these public agencies. If you had attended one of these public meetings and this website did not exist, how would you have responded if the public employee brought up the violence and crime occurring in the Deep Creek Area? You would have had less information on the cause of the violence. You would have been less prepared with an answer.

I know that Mike Castro and others would have you believe that this all some kind of vendetta. That I have an ax to grind with Mike Castro over other issues. It has been an arduous task to present convincing evidence as to my intentions in creating this website. My intentions will become apparent by my actions. Intentions are important. When I made the decision to take action, the decision was based on concern for the safety of the public. I took a long time before I made this decision. Five years of watching and hearing Mike Castro involved in confrontations. Mike would hear, notice a car driving down Moss Mill Road, Mike would start up his motorcycle, and I could hear the motorcycle heading toward the Moss Mill parking lot to confront these people. I personally was violently yelled at by Mike Castro two times about Moss Mill Road.

One time over at the Moss Mill, Mike Castro came over and climbed up onto the window and was yelling and pounding his fists and feet against the glass yelling "Does she know this is not a public road that it is only to be used as far as Moss Mill". I don't know if Mike Castro had a gun on him, however, he is well known to carry it with him. William kept telling Mike Castro to go away in a calm voice.

I know what has been stated by Mike Castro that I am upset because the building at Moss Mill was bulldozed and William was evicted. I also knew that this would be something that Mike Castro and the Bureau of Land Management could use to discount my overwhelming evidence. This is because William is my companion and we do have a close relationship developed over 9 years. The BLM took William to court, evicted him and bulldozed Moss Mill. In my opinion, the BLM presented false evidence to the court to gain a favorable ruling in his case. I personally have reviewed the evidence. However, I do not blame Mike Castro for this.

I felt that I had an obligation to Deep Creek and the people who enjoy the springs to inform you about the possible threat to your lives, psychological well being (its terrifying when these confrontations occur), your children, and the threat to the future of deep creek. I knew these violent confrontations were occurring to innocent citizens and I could not just walk away and pretend that I didn't know about this. I have a conscious as I hope others will also.

Continued in part 3.........
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What are you thinking?

impartial 1556January 07, 2002 12:31AM

Re: What are you thinking?

Montrose 722January 07, 2002 01:16AM

Wizard 1018January 07, 2002 09:27AM

Wizard 791January 07, 2002 09:30AM

Craig 968January 07, 2002 01:17PM

Paul P. 819January 07, 2002 01:11PM

Rick 831January 07, 2002 04:39PM

Wizard 783January 07, 2002 06:44PM

impartial 892January 08, 2002 01:45AM

katrina 796January 08, 2002 03:00AM

Rick 939January 08, 2002 11:32AM

katrina 842January 08, 2002 02:52AM

katrina 783January 08, 2002 02:54AM

katrina 998January 08, 2002 02:55AM

impartial 790January 09, 2002 12:00AM

katrina 712January 10, 2002 02:45AM

katrina 844January 10, 2002 03:26AM

Wizard 1452January 08, 2002 09:53AM

Paul P. 1182January 08, 2002 01:04PM

Wizard 846January 09, 2002 08:50AM

Paul P. 739January 09, 2002 12:32PM

TikiBeachClub 1286January 21, 2002 05:56PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login