Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (96% of Full)

Advanced

Re: local weather and traffic!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 22, 2005 08:43PM
Yes Laughing Bear, I was at DCHS around 5PM on a day full of big thunderstorms, in August of 2000 when suddenly a flash flood came down the Deep Creek canyon. The creek out in front of the hot pools was at normal levels and calm, like it usually is in the late summer. I was around the Womb when I first heard it, a rumbling sound, and the sound of logs hitting rocks. I was able to get my things that were sitting by the Womb and went straight up the rocks to the ledge just south of the Womb. The creek went up about 5 to six feet very quickly and some visitors lost thier gear which was sitting by the creeks edge. Those of us that were there watched this inky black flood from the high ground. The black color of the flood was from the black soot and mud brought down off the hills from the immense downpours up stream, which rained in the areas of the previous years huge Willow Fire. I ended up borrowing a couple of plastic bags from some people, put my things in them, and jumped off the granite island out in the lagoon and swam quickly to the other side, and when I got out I was all black with the sooty mud all over. I came down a couple of days later and found that there was there was deep black, slimey mud all over the shore and in the water, up to the level the flood went. Deep Creek was very messy for the next couple of years. Some people found ways to enjoy the mud, putting it all over thier bodies, molding faces with it on the rocks, and having mud fights :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Flood Advisory

Rick 1154July 22, 2005 01:36PM

Re: Flood Advisory

Rick 656July 22, 2005 01:38PM

LaughingBear 647July 22, 2005 03:16PM

Wizard 666July 22, 2005 08:43PM

Wizard 616July 22, 2005 09:07PM

jobe 640July 22, 2005 10:10PM

FLASH FLOOD WARNING

Rick 636July 23, 2005 12:45AM

SOUTHWEST CALIFORNIA AREA FORECAST DISCUSSION

Rick 642July 23, 2005 12:49AM

Have we moved to Kansas???

Rick 631July 23, 2005 03:14PM

FLASH FLOOD WARNING

Rick 1129July 24, 2005 01:29PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login