Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (95% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mojavegreen strikes out

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 08, 2003 08:35AM
I have to aggree with Katrina on many points in her post regarding the BLM . The DCHS inc mailing address is just across the road from my place and Hotspringer Roe is the legal owner of record. It shares a common border with the BLM and a fence was constructed by the BLM to keep cattle off the property. The illegally constructed motorcycle trail runs within 300 yards of this land as well and the route into Cottonwood Springs is visable. I too would very much like to see this trail closed to motorized use.

Katrina is right when she states that the proposed route designation for this trail is the result of public comment. Over the last two years I have been observing a motorcycle rider using this trail on a regular basis in defiance of laws restricting OHV use to designated trails. One day, I met this man on the trail. It turns out that this guy has been a BLM "volunteer" and claimed to be helping on the Route Designation Project. In reality, he has been creating a NEW motorcycle trail through Cottonwood Springs that continues up to 3N59A parralel to the legal existing designated route! This fact has been discussed with BLM officials and there is no point in naming the individual on this forum.

That being said, I question why the BLM didnt include this trail in the original WEMO plan and mark the trail on the maps for the public to review? Why was it included in a last minute amendment with an inaccurate direction in the description? I believe the deception was not accidental.

I also aggree with Katrina in the public working together to develop a true multi use area. I support OHV use in the area on existing designated open routes.I fully support equestrian use and the area is ideal for this activity. In no way do I want to close the public out of the Cottonwood Spring or any other public lands. WE THE PEOPLE have a voice here and I do believe in public access to public lands.....but not at the price of their destruction.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mojavegreen strikes out

katrina island 1096September 08, 2003 02:40AM

LaughingBear 842September 08, 2003 08:35AM

Mojave Green responds

mojavegreen 560September 08, 2003 10:44AM

Re: Mojave Green responds

Paul P. 604September 08, 2003 12:27PM

LaughingBear 618September 08, 2003 02:45PM

Mojave Green apologizes

mojavegreen 1024September 11, 2003 12:56AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login