All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 22, 2001 10:25PM
Eastbay, Well I'm glad to hear that those idoits who stole your pack didn't mess with your car. It just makes me sad that you had to have your trip spoiled like this. The summer is a busy time and there are all types of people who visit the springs. The cooler months do offer a more clean and quieter time. I go year round but find the summer crowd can be a bit trying sometimes. I don't like to see glass at the springs but know I should stick to just going around and picking up whats left behind. I let my anger get the best of me last Saturday when I confronted those people. Best to stay cool and calm :-) I think the best way for these people to have a change of heart is to see you picking up the trash and maybe somewere down the road the'll have a change of heart and become more responsibe. If you get in an argument or a fight then everybody's upset and the chance to be an example is lost. Sorry too that you were not able to make it to see the grinding holes. Thier location is far above the flood levels of the stream so the granite they are in is not goin anywhere for a long time :-) When you do visit the springs next its always good to bring a flashlight and spare batteries and bulbs in case you find yourself hiking out after sunset in the dark. Like last Saturday I had not intended on staying so late but I usually end up wanting to stay longer as the day wears on. The lure of OZ is Strong :-) Little Lea is quite a character and I enjoy her and her sister Amber immensly. Anyone who has small children knows that they offer up real challenges but I can honestly say that I wouldn't want to be without them. I look forward to seeing the little munchkins everynight when I come home from work. A lot of nights they think were thier human jungle jims and climb all over us on the couch :-) My 3 year old Amber hikes in and out from the springs with no problem now. Lea needs a helping hand on the slippery areas but will be completely on her own soon. She's got some strong legs! They carry thier own little packs with thier stuff which is cute to see. So Eastbay sorry again that you both had to endure this incident and hopefully I'll get to meet you and your girlfriend again later this year at some point. Just look for my long hair waving in the wind :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

THEFT AT THE SPRINGS

EastBay 1587May 21, 2001 01:10PM

Re: THEFT AT THE SPRINGS

katrina 863May 21, 2001 04:13PM

Rick 800May 21, 2001 04:26PM

EastBay 849May 21, 2001 05:13PM

Photo Buff 794May 21, 2001 06:22PM

Wizard 714May 21, 2001 09:40PM

Photo Buff 799May 22, 2001 04:41AM

EastBay 819May 22, 2001 10:29AM

D. Colt 662May 22, 2001 06:33PM

Wizard 695May 22, 2001 10:25PM

EastBay 675May 23, 2001 11:11AM

Wizard 1181May 23, 2001 10:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login