Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (94% of Full)

Advanced

Re: THEFT AT THE SPRINGS

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 21, 2001 09:40PM
Hey East Bay, Sounds like you were the couple I first met when I arrived at the springs around 11 am. Yes, you were telling me about your pack being stolen. I wish I'd had known it was you, I would have liked to talk to you some more. Did you ever find the Indian grinding site? Real sorry to hear about this stealing bit. I would have helped you look for your stuff but since I had the little ones I had to stay and watch over them because you know how young " offspringers " can get into trouble :-) I need to teach them to swim since we are around alot of water at the springs. The springs unfortunatly is frequented by people who show by actions like these thier lack of caring for the basic sense of right and wrong that help us live together and show respect for eachother. It is a reality at the springs just like most other places you can go these days. The only thing I ever had stolen at the Deep Creek Area is a can of Clam Chowder soup, and I caught the little weasles in the act. I placed my soup in the Crab Cooker to warm it up and got into the Womb to soak and talk with some people. There was a good crowd that day and I wasn't really watching for anyone to take my soup. It was daytime and I was right there. I got up to get my soup and it was gone. I had noticed a group of three teenagers around the Crab Cooker just before so I hurried up around to the back side of the rocks and found these little wierdos walking off with my soup. They had taken the lable off the can by then and they kept insisting it was thier soup. I knew it was mine since this type of Clam Chowder has a distinct can size. Finally they gave it to me and I went off to enjoy my meal :-) I always keep my articles within sight. Its to bad you have to do this. You can also hide your things well and this works too. I'm real sorry that this incident put a real damper on your fun at the springs. I enjoy the springs very much but it does offer up its challenges usually in the form of some kind of human problem :-( You say I guided you out? I do remember talking to some people about following me out with my flashlight and then I didn't see you when I first started. A friend Joe said you had started already. Were you with us during the first part of the trail. Perhaps you were behind us on the way out. Did we pass you when I told Joe to bring my youngest Daughter back down to me? Oh well, wish I had my lantern that night. It would have given us alot more light on the way out. Glad I was able to help you a bit :-) If you see me again down at OZ please by all means introduce yourselves :-) I know this thing is a real bummer but I do hope you'll give it another go and come back to the springs before too long :-) All of us good, considerate people have to stick together eh!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

THEFT AT THE SPRINGS

EastBay 1589May 21, 2001 01:10PM

katrina 863May 21, 2001 04:13PM

Rick 801May 21, 2001 04:26PM

EastBay 849May 21, 2001 05:13PM

Photo Buff 795May 21, 2001 06:22PM

Wizard 714May 21, 2001 09:40PM

Photo Buff 799May 22, 2001 04:41AM

EastBay 820May 22, 2001 10:29AM

D. Colt 663May 22, 2001 06:33PM

Wizard 696May 22, 2001 10:25PM

EastBay 677May 23, 2001 11:11AM

Wizard 1182May 23, 2001 10:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login