Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (88% of Full)

Advanced

Re: wow lots has happend in my absence.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 13, 2010 10:50AM
Ed you just made my day now that I know I am a member of the Head Religion :-) Jobe however may take exception to this :-) Also looks like the 24 heads I found are not all of them after all :-) Holy cow, 2569 heads ( minus 24 ) out there! I'll never catch you at this point, won't even try :-) So did you take all those heads and arrow points you had made that were scattered around your cabin in the village :-) The head you put in the wall of the Womb when you repaired it is still there, as well as the ones in the Aniversary Pool.

Here is a story I think you will like. A couple of years ago in the summer I was hiking with a friend downstream from DCHS where Kinely Creek hits Deep Creek on the PCT. You referenced this " Forest of Enchantment where McGee Creek or it might be McKenzie creek crossing ", and I think you are actually referring to this same place as I've heard the area where Kinley Creek crosses the PCT as Enchanted Canyon before. Either way we happened on one of your heads just laying in the trail ( maybe it rolled down the hill from above somewhere ) and it was facing up looking at us :-) I told my friend I knew who made them and told her about how you have placed many all over down there.

Later that year there was a fire in the Pinnacles area which burned down close to the creek along the PCT in that same general area and a Fire Fighter who was doing mop up work found one of your heads. He took it to some archeologist type guy here in the Victor Valley who determined that he was holding the " real deal ", and old Indian artifact of some sort.

Well my friend later on ( she is a member of the Friends Of Juniper Flats group ) happened on to this archeologist guy and the story came up about the ancient head the fire fighter had found, a picture of it was shown to my friend and she informed this guy that actually there was someone in the area that was making these heads and hiding them out there. My friend told me this guy got really made about it, saying it was an interference with them finding real artifiacts. When my friend told me about all of this we just laughed. Most likely the guy was made because even though he is supposed to be some kind of expert on the archeological stuff he got fooled by that head you made Ed :-)

I have one of your heads sitting right next to my bed along with some more of those interesting rocks I mentioned about earlier and that head seriously looks like it was made back in 10,000 BC so I can see how this guy could make a mistake like that. It looks like a cave man made it and I think its so cool! Regarding the rocks I collect out by Lake Mojave, I get them at a place where they are scattered in this really fine white sand along the shoreline. Its the most awesome place for rock collecting that I have ever happened upon. The rocks are ones that have washed down with the Colorado River for eons which made them smooth and in many differant shapes. They are also of every manner of color and texture that you could imagine. Then as they have been around that fine sand for who knows how long it has acted like a buffer and polished them even more. I wish that place was closer and easier to get to because I'd be there collecting the stones alot more than I get a chance to. My brother found what was later determined to be a baby Mammoths tooth. I have found ancient sea life fossils too. Doesn't supprise me to hear from you about the old indian tools you found. All along that river would have been a great place for the indians with all of the food that could be caught around the river and lake. We take our Sail Boat out there and camp along the shore which is real fun :-)

On another subject Flickr is a great place to keep and share photos. I think its probably still the case that you can have up to 200 photos in a free account, or you can do like I have, pay $25 dollars per year for an account where you can have unlimited photos. In the free account after you get to 200 photos, any new photos added will cause your oldest photos to be eliminated from your photo folder, but they are not gone, not deleted, and can be renewed/retreived if you upgrade to the $25 dolllar account. I for one would enjoy seeing your new digs and various photos of what your up too :-)

I have not see Andrea at the springs or otherwise in a pretty long time. Maybe Jason or somebody else can update you on how she has been doing. Last time I saw her she showed me the inside of that trippy bus she lives in. Lots of interesting stuff inside! Ed, is Eddee your real name, or a nick name perhaps? Either way good to hear from you and stay in touch :-)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/13/2010 07:31PM by Wizard.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

wow lots has happend in my absence.

Eddee2194October 11, 2010 10:57PM

Wizard1166October 12, 2010 10:30PM

Eddee1019October 13, 2010 05:58AM

jobe915October 13, 2010 06:34AM

Eddee894October 13, 2010 07:31PM

Wizard893October 13, 2010 11:49PM

jobe920October 13, 2010 07:19AM

Eddee742October 13, 2010 07:49PM

Wizard851October 13, 2010 10:50AM

Eddee828October 13, 2010 08:59PM

Wizard926October 13, 2010 11:27PM

Wizard890October 13, 2010 10:56AM

jobe909October 14, 2010 09:23AM

Eddee1443October 15, 2010 07:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login