Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bradford Ridge Trail Trip Report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 25, 2009 09:07PM
It was nice to meet you too. I recalled from a previous post that you work nights, so I left you alone in the womb. Yes, you missed the rangers up the hill. You were definitely asleep because I was in the same pool as I was watching them. You also missed some other interesting things in that pool while you slept. When I see you again, I will tell you about them!

As we were leaving there was a group of 5 people coming down the Bradford Ridge Trail. Did you notice them? Based on the bumper stickers on their cars, it looked like they might be from Asuza Pacific University. It was after 3 as they came down so I imagine they were going back in the dark, which would not be much fun unless you were very familiar with the trail.

To be specific about the route - we drove up Hwy 18 to 173 and then back down the unpaved section of 173 to 138 and then the 15.

There was no problem at all with the paved section of 173 on the way up. In fact, I think it would be the quickest way down as well. The dirt section of 173 is slow going in a car with low clearance. Also when you get to 18 it is a straight shot down the hill to 210, whereas the other direction there is still 138 to negotiate and then the traffic on 15.

I will be out of the country now until the middle of Feb. but I hope to get down to DCHS in the latter part of February. I will definitely be going in via the Bradford Ridge Trail. It is significantly quicker for me than Bowen Ranch and a much more interesting drive.

I hope to go down during the week. I will let you know when I am going.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bradford Ridge Trail Trip Report

Murray 1370January 25, 2009 08:33AM

jobe 796January 25, 2009 09:53AM

Wizard 1336January 25, 2009 04:54PM

lbcalrr 1182January 25, 2009 07:00PM

Murray 1304January 25, 2009 09:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login