Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (61% of Full)

Advanced

Re: DCHS - 02-03-08

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 07, 2008 06:32PM
Well I'm all about safety first. I just read a thread about a Lady Hiker with ODC that died last Saturday hiking up to Mt. Wilson. It's very sad when something like this happens. Hiking down to DCHS in the cold rain/snow on the small trial is not something I think is safe and thus my choice not to go. It's very sad in the thread that there are those who try to pin the blame on the leader or anyone. I know the personal reason why people try to do this but it isn't fair to the Hike leader.

http://www.outdoorsclub.org/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=1&TopicID=25342&PagePosition=1

People are born with common since, or most of us anyways. I know that every time I hike I take my life into my own hands even if I'm hiking with a pro. It is your safety and life that are your own top priority above all. At this point in my life I would never climb Mt. Everest even if I had a pro telling me I could make it with his/her help. I know what I can and can't do. It's wrong for people to try and pin the blame on others...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS - 02-03-08

AtrocityConnects 950February 06, 2008 03:47PM

Wizard 661February 06, 2008 07:36PM

AtrocityConnects 1190February 07, 2008 06:32PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login