Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Cut Granite at DCHS

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

February 08, 2008 10:33PM
I ran into a long time DCHS regular today, and he told me he was up there to the springs yesterday. People often get from the Womb to the Aniversary pool by stepping on a slanted ( 45 degree or so ) ledge at the north side of the Womb, then you go straight to the Aniversary through the big V shaped crevice were the hotwater flows between these two pools. My friend said that someone, with some type of power tools, has cut numerous grooves into that slanted ledge, and has cut a handhold into the granite above the ledge. The grooves and the handhold apparently someones idea of providing better footing, and a handhold when going up that slippery ledge. I wish these folks would just leave DCHS, as they found it, and quite making there own " personel " alterations. I haven't seen these new cuts in the granite. Sounds to me like these new slices will just make for more sharp edge to cut peoples feet on, since many times people go up that way with bare feet.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cut Granite at DCHS

Wizard 1038February 08, 2008 10:33PM

Re: Cut Granite at DCHS

mikinklr 620February 09, 2008 07:19AM

Re: Cut Granite at DCHS

DesertHiker420 1182February 09, 2008 12:47PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login