Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (82% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Car Camping Hot Spring Suggestions

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 18, 2012 02:48PM
Thanks, Paul! Gaviota is actually not a bad idea. Will think about that.

Though not 100% decided, I'm actually now vaguely leaning toward Hobo campground, despite what I said in my OP. The drive from Hobo campground to Remington isn't bad, and arguably it would be nice to be set apart from the party atmosphere of Remington when we're sleeping at night. Plus, the Kern is pretty no matter where on it that you camp, and of course the Kern River Brewing company and Kernville in general are both right nearby. Anybody have any suggestions for fun things to do in Kernville (aside from the Brewery, which is already on our itinerary, and kayaking which is a little more outdoorsy than my girlfriend is ready for this trip)?

P-Bar campground or Mono campground would both be ideal, and Big/Little Caliente would be great hot springs to introduce her to The Great Outdoors with, but like I said originally, that road is just not one that I want to risk driving in my little Toyota Corolla. An SUV, yes. A compact sedan, no.

Thanks for the tips, folks! Keep 'em coming!

Joel
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Car Camping Hot Spring Suggestions

JoelTDahl2637March 16, 2012 11:49AM

Rick1161March 16, 2012 09:18PM

JoelTDahl1117March 17, 2012 10:14AM

Paul P.1099March 18, 2012 08:47AM

JoelTDahl1009March 18, 2012 02:48PM

Rick1523March 18, 2012 03:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login