Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (95% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bear Valley Rd. & Central : Changes

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 03, 2004 07:36PM
Hey Jobe, My wife and I were up in your stompin grounds Friday through today. We decided to check out Goldstike Canyon and saw all the construction going on in the area of the pull-out where the " short " trail begins. Have you seen that big drop off to the new road bed at the pullout spot? Thats steep! To much activity in that area so I thought about checking out the old dump road you mentioned out of Boulder City, but was not clear on the directions so we headed across Hoover Dam to the parking for AZ Hotsprings. I tried out a route down the back trail that avoids that steep cliffy area in the upper canyon. This shortcut could be easily traveled by children and was a canyon that had what looked to be and old trail, with no human foot travel seen. Could have been made by the local Big Horn Sheep. After this shortcut you reach the back canyon again and about halfway down we came upon two Big Horn Sheep grazing in the wash on some bushes. We got within about 200 feet of them before they move on out of the wash, up a canyon. Shortly after we saw a Chucka Walla Lizard! They are big, stocky, strong and darkish grey, almost black. When we got to the upper hot pool there was one couple there and they went back down the canyon shortly. After that we had the area above the ladder for about an hour, real nice. The upper pool was pretty hot, I'm guessin about 110 degrees. The pool at the top of the ladder was Prrrrfct and bigger than the last time I was there. It was a beautiful day with a nice breezes and warm temps. On Saturday we hit the Cirque De Soliel show " O ". What a magnificent feast for the senses with forms, colors, movements and sounds that were truly amazing! While watching I thought to myself how interesting, and unexplained the transition is, from future, to present, to past. What measure of time could we use to define the span that is " the present "? One second, one hundreth of a second, or something smaller? This strange place our essence resides at, lives within, shows itself to be indescribable, in any perfect way. Its ephemeral in nature, so fundamental to our experience, and yet its boundries elude us. Future moves to present, and to past, in a seamless manner. If there are no explainable threshholds between them, then what really is the present after all, but an exquisite, and complex " Grand Illusion ", of infinite proportions :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bear Valley Rd. & Central : Changes

jobe 976September 30, 2004 08:56PM

Wizard 541October 03, 2004 07:36PM

jobe 1010October 04, 2004 09:14PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login