Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (78% of Full)

Advanced

LaughingBear's spin makes forum readers dizzy

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 31, 2004 02:56PM
Right after I post that numerous people (some of them not OHV people) have discovered booby traps on trail J1299. Immediately after my post LaughingBear posts that only "the motorcycle activists" have found booby traps. Not true LaughingBear.

>>Re: Who has been setting Booby Traps on J1299?
>>Author: katrina island
>>Date: 03-26-04 19:33

Katrina first became aware of the booby traps being set on J1299 about a month and a week ago. I received a phone call from a person who had been up there with a small group of concerned citizens with Ranger Nelson examining the area. They looked at the cuts in the wing fence. When they looked at the ground around the area where the fence was cut there were no motorcycle or horse tracks.

Then they walked along the trail J1299. Ranger Nelson told them that booby traps had been found on the trail by Traci, the BLM volunteer just prior to their going up there. Traci had found a nail strip. After their field trip to the area, Traci found a second booby trap consisting of heavy fishing line tied between bushes low and taut across the trail.

Then about two weeks ago four people were hiking in the area to look at the cut wing fences and the J1299 trail. As they were going up J1299 they noticed leaf debris dangling in the air above the trail as the wind was blowing across piano wire. Because it was a windy day the leaf debris had blown in the wind and stuck on the piano wire. ........

>>Re: Who has been setting Booby Traps on J1299?
>>Author: LaughingBear
>>Date: 03-26-04 20:57

This is a really good question Katrina. I find it unusual that only the motorcycle activists are finding this along J1299. Having hiked the area extensivly in the last several months, I have yet to find any booby traps. If I did, I would definatly report them. I have had two flat tires in the last two months driving around the Juniper Flats area though,most probably rocks. It wouldnt suprise me if the motorcycle activists themselves are planting these booby traps. Pretty clear motive here.....attempt to discredit a local group that is documenting illegal OHV activity in the area. At a public BLM meeting, local residents were warned by these individuals to expect retaliation. Its like a no brainer here. hmmmmmm fishing line. No secret here about my favorite hobby. The attempted set up is obvious and nobody is buying it.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mojavegreen/LaughingBear tale flattens 4 BLM tires

katrina island 921March 31, 2004 01:27AM

Re: Mojavegreen/LaughingBear tale flattens 4 BLM tires

mojavegreen 584March 31, 2004 05:06AM

mojavegreen 568March 31, 2004 06:01AM

LaughingBear 519March 31, 2004 07:34AM

katrina island 573March 31, 2004 02:28PM

LaughingBear's spin makes forum readers dizzy

katrina island 497March 31, 2004 02:56PM

LaughingBear 533March 31, 2004 06:06PM

katrina island 1005April 03, 2004 04:00PM

LaughingBear 602March 31, 2004 06:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login