Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (95% of Full)

Advanced

Re: SB Forest clinging to life

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 31, 2003 06:50PM
Hello Laughing Bear :-) I have spent some time recently up around those Big Rocks that I talked to you about just before our last DCV meeting. Its a place of splendid views and inspiring landscapes. I found one location which I particularly liked, a perch from which I imagine myself as an eagle, a free spirit, ready to take flight from on top of that special natural tower. I feel a great sense of contentment, and freedom, when I spend time in such places. There are immense rocks in many forms there, and within the rock outcrops, the pinion pine survivors from the Willow Fire. The remenant skeletons of pinions lay on the hillsides all around. Many taken down by the winds of the recent ( 2003 ) Xmas day storm. They are sad to look on, in a certain way, but are reminders of the reality of the change that is inevitable in the natural world that we appreciate all around us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

SB Forest clinging to life

katrina island 1078December 30, 2003 12:57PM

Wizard 569December 31, 2003 04:25PM

Wizard 627December 31, 2003 04:41PM

LaughingBear 586December 31, 2003 05:37PM

Wizard 576December 31, 2003 06:50PM

katrina island 962January 04, 2004 12:20AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login