Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (72% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Seeing Double - Deep Creek

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 30, 2003 05:30PM
I'm going to stay out of the Bowen Ranch Gatekeeper controversy, as I have some mixed feelings on the issue.

Mojave Green's quote of the Barstow Chief Ranger: "BE CAREFUL IN ASKING FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT; YOU MIGHT GET IT WHERE YOU DON'T EXPECT IT", in the context it was reported during the public meeting (and considering the Chief's reported penchant for imtemperate outbursts and threats), with a possible tie-in with the citations issued to a couple of the Chief's critics last Winter, may constitute misconduct. Something like threats and intimidation under color of authority.

This old Moose looked down into the Chief's manacing stare a couple years back, when on Public Land, in an inocuous situation which did not merit an attempt at intimidation. Anybody who has experienced this can relate to Mojave Green's concerns. Barstow once had friendly Rangers.

If you feel you have it right, and were indeed threatened by official action because you voiced your opinions, you might consider 1, 2, or 3 below:

1. Katrina's suggestion to contact Linda Hanson or Mike Pool of BLM: May or may not be worth the price of a stamp.

2. Writing your Congressman and Senators and asking for BLM response, or visiting Cong. Lewis' capable field representative Diana Scott in Redlands. This might be more effective.

3. Write the BLM Director of Law Enforcement at 1849 "C" St N.W., Washington D.C. 20240, and ask for an investigation. I have heard that Director Bill Woodie is new, and says he won't abide misconduct by his officers.

Good luck all, and I would appreciate it if everybody would do their best to stick to the issues, and avoid personal attacks on each other. I love the Hot Springs, and want it to remain a great place. Thanks to the webmaster for making this forum possible.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Seeing Double - Deep Creek

katrina island 891November 30, 2003 11:53AM

Re: Seeing Double - Cottonwood Springs

katrina island 834November 30, 2003 11:57AM

LaughingBear 506November 30, 2003 01:38PM

moose 583November 30, 2003 05:30PM

LaughingBear 580November 30, 2003 06:49PM

jobe 962December 01, 2003 08:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login