Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (74% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Rain and thunder at the springs.

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 21, 2001 08:59PM
D. Colt, Were you with the Red haired girl or did you just meet her at the springs. She was the one jumping off the high rocks into the Womb, right? You say you passed out beers. Were these beers you brought or the red hair girl or both. Glass bottles were left around the pools on the granite and glass is a very unwise thing to bring to a slippery, rocky area. Anybody can fall whether they are drinking or not while carrying glass items around. I've advised people before and have had them tell me " theres no way I'm going to drop this " and minutes later they slip and you have broken glass all over. One person broke a wiskey glass in the Womb once and my daughter ended up cutting her foot on one of the shards because you can never find all the peices, especially when they fall into water. Its just plain dumb to bring glass to the springs. Plastic is the way to go. If bringing beer aluminum cans is the wise choice and will help save us all a cut foot or hand in an around the pools. The springs area is a slippery place by nature and if youv'e ever dealt with trying to scrub this thin alge off of the rocks in pools you would quickly realize that eliminating this slippery alge from the area would not be feasible, it grows very quickly. Even trying to keep up with it on a small hotpool is a real chore. The smart thing is to be cautious on the rocks and learn to live with this reality at the springs. I try to be careful in walking around the springs and have still fallen more times than I can remember. Just go slow and find good footing in each step and hopefully you'll never get more than a bruise when you fall :-) When did you see this ranger. I hiked out around dark and never saw a ranger at the springs?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rain and thunder at the springs.

Wizard 1386May 20, 2001 10:50AM

thesandcrab 715May 20, 2001 04:47PM

D. Colt 613May 21, 2001 06:02PM

Wizard 655May 21, 2001 08:59PM

D. Colt 610May 22, 2001 08:57AM

Wizard 667May 22, 2001 09:47PM

D. Colt 608May 23, 2001 10:33AM

Wizard 1082May 23, 2001 10:09PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login