Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (92% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Pacific Crest Trail - Trip Report - Nov 1 & 2

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 05, 2016 12:25PM
I grabbed some moments to hike to the springs yesterday, Friday. It was immediately apparent that the place has been cleaned and the pools and trash both, aside from campers trash, blankets and big stuff in the normal spot on the beach, the place was beautifully clean. Wizard I am always sorry to miss you when out there, this trip was sudden and Friday was the only day I could make it work. There were some nude campers up at Bowen when I arrived, but when I free hiked down to the springs, no one on the trails and then no one at the springs - had them all to myself for at least an hour. Myself and the hot springs pumpkin. There were two women who camped upstream a little bit, they were the only souls around Friday morning. It was a quiet and beautiful day. Hippie D showed up, and more skinny dippers and soakers as the day wore on into the late Friday crowd. I had a perfect day with the seasonal change, and shade, you could soak hard all day long, with some creek dips to cool off. I'm just posting this here tho to say thanks to those who have been taking care of the place. I took some time to clean my own area, someone (not me this time!) inscribed a NUDE BEACH ONLY sign with charcoal on the main rock on the beach and then humorously enforced the new law, I also spent some time watering the newly planted cottonwood saplings.

For Wizard - one of the first things I saw, and it took my breath away, after starting to soak in the early morning was a Great Blue Heron flying over the creek and springs.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Pacific Crest Trail - Trip Report - Nov 1 & 2

coyote1695November 04, 2016 06:26AM

Dalejohnson13792November 04, 2016 10:13AM

Wizard889November 04, 2016 08:22PM

neogeo818November 05, 2016 12:25PM

Wizard844November 05, 2016 04:42PM

kmeister694November 10, 2016 01:52PM

Wizard1259November 11, 2016 12:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login