Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (57% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Sunset

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 08, 2014 08:28AM
Imperial Beach ("IB"winking smiley has really improved over the years. It used to be a rundown ghetto of a town populated by welfare mongers. They had a terribly corrupt police force when Brian Bilbray was Mayor. I used to go to a lot of parties down there back during these times. Uniformed cops would come in and tell the bands to tone it down. But the cops would stay and drink and smoke weed!! An interesting book thats indirectly about Imperial Beach is "Tijuana Straits" by Kem Nunn. Highly recommended. Also ,in 2007 there was an offbeat HBO cable show called "John from Cinncinati" that was filmed in IB. Check it out sometime.

We enjoy eating at the Tin Fish at the end of the pier. Also,soon, the Coronado Brewery will open up in IB. I had a chance to buy a house two blocks from the beach there in the early 1980s. I should have done it!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sunset

mojave1583September 07, 2014 08:03PM

Paul P.829September 07, 2014 09:06PM

mojave890September 07, 2014 10:33PM

Paul P.1319September 08, 2014 08:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login