Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (59% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bobcats in Deep creek area !!!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 05, 2011 10:24PM
Hey there Jobe, enjoyed your Bobcat report :-) Great to see you and many other familiar regulars at DCHS on Saturday and Sunday on Thanksgiving weekend at DCHS :-) What fantastic weather for both days! When I got there on Saturday Jobe was in the Womb with about a zillion other soakers but I worked my way into the Womb pool and found a spot where I talked with Jobe and Jill for a time. I wish I would have got a photo of the pools because they were jamb packed full with also lots of people across the creek on the beach. I talked my wife and daughters into going back on Sunday, the next day. We sat on the big sandy area above the Arizona pool in the sunshine and my daughter Lea borrowed Jobes shovel and was digging a trench for our Miniature Pincher Piper to lay in when she happened to hit the metal edge of the old iron USFS sign which fell over and got buried by sand in last years huge flood. Well from there my daughters, Jobe, Phil and I along with some other volunteers dug out the sign and raised it back upright. I put some photos taken that day at the Wizard's pictures link below, or go to: http://www.flickr.com/photos/hotspringswizard/?saved=1

That sign is very heavy and has a big concrete base on it so it was not easy to stand up but a bunch of strong backs got it done :-) I measured the creek waters that day at 50 degrees even. We are into a cold spell since then so its definitely down into the 40's by now. Still the stream level is low so crossing is chilly but not hard to do. The tree colors were really beautiful and still may be quite scenic if you go in the next couple of weeks or so. My friend Greg, a long time DCHS regular went to DCHS yesterday ( Sunday ) and said that there was a whole lot of people down there and he had a great time :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bobcats in Deep creek area !!!

jobe1961December 05, 2011 12:25PM

Wizard939December 05, 2011 10:24PM

neogeo852December 06, 2011 10:58AM

jobe819December 06, 2011 06:44AM

dadinpain874December 09, 2011 01:59PM

Paul P.1384December 09, 2011 04:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login