Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (91% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Bobcats in Deep creek area !!!

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 09, 2011 01:59PM
Great report. I have a few pictures of Bobcat footprints on the other side of Hwy 173. A few days before Thanksgiving I decided to do a section of the PCT. I started at the spillway and 173 heading north or towards the 15 fwy. It was late in the day when I got on the trail. I only hiked for 3 hrs when it started to get dark, I set up camp, I have no idea where,,,,but it was before Silverwood Lake. I had diner and crawled into by bag. I drifted off to sleep, but not for long.......as I heard a loud screech and choking sound....followed by a low growl. Everything got quiet. I looked around and nothing....even got my headlamp out and turned it on....nothing....so I dozed back to sleep when all of a sudden I could hear snapping or walking....something was on the trail but what? I was 30 ft off on a side spur overlooking a ridge. I kept hearing noise.....branches snapping and virtually no wind. So I grabbed my gun and took the safety off. I sat there for the next hour, just waiting for something to come and get me. Nothing. Next morning I found so many tracks around my tent, It made me think about how serious this really was. I am sure they are more scared of us.....but walking right up to my tent I could have been attacked.

Thanks for the great report Jobe, and yes....some of us do miss your updates on the conditions down at the springs. So thanks for keeping us all posted.
Now...... have yourself a Pain Free Day
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Bobcats in Deep creek area !!!

jobe1959December 05, 2011 12:25PM

Wizard938December 05, 2011 10:24PM

neogeo852December 06, 2011 10:58AM

jobe819December 06, 2011 06:44AM

dadinpain873December 09, 2011 01:59PM

Paul P.1384December 09, 2011 04:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login