All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 31, 2010 05:18PM
Hello,

My name is Naomi and I am writing from the Institute for Sustainable Futures, based in Sydney Australia. I recently came across your website while undertaking research for an APEC project focused on community based tourism (CBT) with a focus on thermal tourism.

I'm looking for information about community owned or managed hot springs in the US to include in a best practice handbook on community tourism with a particular focus on hot springs and other thermal tourism.

As background to my inquiry; the APEC International Centre for Sustainable Tourism (AICST) has been appointed by the APEC Secretariat to manage a project concerning best practice in Community Based Tourism in APEC countries(but also includes case studies from non-APEC countries). AICST has arranged for a research team from the Institute for Sustainable Futures at the University of Technology in Sydney to undertake the research and to prepare the manual containing the research findings. The audience of the manual is intended to be community based tourism decision makers at different levels and will be accessible through many mediums for others, including tourists.

Can anyone suggest some sites in the US that are community owned and/or managed that I could consider including in the handbook?

Many thanks for your time and consideration,

Naomi on behalf of the Institute for Sustainable Futures and the International Centre for Sustainable Tourism
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Looking for info about community managed hot springs in the US

ISF2152January 31, 2010 05:18PM

Re: Looking for info about community managed hot springs in the US

Paul P.827January 31, 2010 07:16PM

ISF824February 01, 2010 07:58PM

paul-v1363March 07, 2010 06:59PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login