Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: California bear-hunting season closes with quota met

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 21, 2009 09:44PM
I'll agree with you both. I'm all for hunting, but let's do it on fair terms. Shooting a treed critter just doesn't seem too sporting to me. Dog-chased deer hunting used to be popular in Arkansas, but it's fallen from grace, thankfully, over the last few decades. Bear hunting there is done without the aid of dogs, on a very limited basis. As LaughingBear indicated, though, well-intentioned (and/or ill-informed) bear feeders do the bear populations of the world a far greater dis-service than any hunting.

During a good deal of hiking over the last 4-5 months there, I've seen a good bit of bear scat in the Deep Creek canyon, but no bears, yet. I'd sure like to see, and get a picture of, one before I head back home. I'd love to see a mountain lion, but that's a pretty high hope, I'm afraid. I've only found tracks once, and I'm not positive that it wasn't just a large bobcat.

Jim
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

California bear-hunting season closes with quota met

Rick1142December 17, 2009 08:24PM

LaughingBear797December 18, 2009 01:25AM

Rivernude1562December 21, 2009 09:44PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login