Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (95% of Full)

Advanced

Re: [repost] Bowen ranch link

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 22, 2002 10:17PM
Jona, unfortunately, your scenario is actually quite likely to happen. If and when DCHs Inc does take over possession of the Ranch House, I believe its Katrina's intentions to allow Deep Creek visitors to visit the Ranch House.

We all know Mike will not be a happy camper if and when he is evicted, and that is regardless of whether he is a violent or non violent person. I'm not passing judgement.

I can't read Mike's mind and I haven't yet asked him, but I assume he would build another structure nearby and he would still charge people to access and park on his land.

And what do you think he would do to his former abode, now occupied by DCHs? It doesn't take much imagination to figure it out.

Again, I'm not taking sides, but I hope Katrina has done a lot of thinking for what will happen in the future to the Ranch House if Mike's decides to pursue potential retaliation if DCHs takes it over.

All of this really worries me -not because of the Katrina/Mike wars, but because the fallout could possibly have the opposite effect that the goals set by DCHs to assist in preservation of Deep Creek. Regardless of whether you personally trust the government or not, they and ONLY they ,have the power and authority to close Deep Creek. The BLM, Forest Service and even the EPA are well aware of all the issues surrounding the Bowen Ranch. You can be assured that they don't like what they see going on now. It doesn't take more than one senseless act to convince a governmental agency or even a private landowner to shut down a hot spring. Just look at where it's already happened or in the process of happening -Oh My God Hot Well in Imperial County, more recently Scenic Hot Springs up north. Goldmeyer is also threatened, as are Pah Tempe.

Regardless of all this, I still am an optimist about the future of Deep Creek, but at times it's difficult to be optimistic. Long term planning and solutions are needed to preserve Deep Creek -I don't see too much of that going on right now.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

[repost] Bowen ranch link

Rick 1192April 19, 2002 04:07PM

Paul P. 694April 19, 2002 05:44PM

Naked Man 655April 20, 2002 06:31AM

Paul P. 631April 20, 2002 11:19AM

katrina island 938April 22, 2002 06:01PM

Jona 677April 22, 2002 07:04PM

Paul P. 644April 22, 2002 10:17PM

Paul P. 704April 22, 2002 10:42PM

Paul P. 636April 22, 2002 10:44PM

DCR 1094April 26, 2002 02:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login