Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (96% of Full)

Advanced

Re: News for Wizard

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

September 05, 2006 10:47PM
Hello Mojave Green :-) Regarding the traffic jam of exiting burners, I made the mistake of hitting the line out at very much the " wrong time " late in the day Sunday. From the outer ring of Black Rock City, the exit route goes maybe about two miles to the pavement, across the Playa ( dry lake ) for most of the way. It took two hours and fifteen minutes for me to go that two miles. Six lanes of traffic coming from the city, finally decreased down to one lane just before the pavement. Well, lesson learned :-) When I arrived to Burning Man around sunset on Monday, there was a strong wind from the west blowing parallel with the entrance line, which incidently also had lots of arriving burners at that time, and the dust got so thick you had to stop at times since you could'nt see ahead of your car. First year I had any real trouble in leaving or arriving at the event, I'll have to work on my timing next year :-) One year I left the event around 2AM in the moring after the big burn, and what a sweet, quiet and peaceful drive that was, driving through the Black Rock desert with a full moon lighting things up, with the cool desert air coming in through the open window, and listening to some Enigma, while remembering all the fun I had just had at Burning Man :-) Regarding the excerpts of " communications " which you have listed, I know you hold as a truth, if I remember correctly, that " cosmic entities " have an interest in working with humanity to help them deal with the coming cataclismic problems that we will inevitably be dealing with because of our mistreatment of Mother Earth. I have another friend who sends me other such " communications " which contain similiar material. Whether his information is related to this concept of " Urantia " , I am not sure of that. Since my life experience has not shown me evidence of such entities, with such interest, I therefore cannot speak to the merits of these ideas. I have discussed in some depth here at the forum how I go about interpreting the perceptions of my life experience, so anyone reading that info would have some idea in how I approach making various " observations " about our existance, the things we experience, and what are the " possible " meanings behind the perceptions. I share the sentiments of what you have listed that our world his heading for very trouble times, if we do not transform the way we live, and treat the earth in a drastically differant way. Whether as you believe, and my friend believes, there are entities beyond humanity that are intending on helping us with these transformations, is something I have not seen evidence of yet in my life experience. So that is my take on what you have shared in your post. I assess all my interpretations of life within the context of probabilities, with nothing holding " zero " probability, and nothing being 100 percent probable ( absolutely finite ), which I feel is appropriate for me to do, considering the apparent infinity of the cosmos, on macro, and micro levels. So regarding this approach, your beliefs regarding these helpful entities, is therefor not something I can dismiss, in an absolute sense, even if it may seem improbable by my own life experience. My intent in approaching an interpretation of the world in this way, is to try and follow an " honest path " in creating for myself, my personal means for deciding " what is " and " what is not ", in this sea of perception we swim within, in this amazing journey we term as " our lives ". It is a journey, which therefore, from all appearances, has no destination. The joy is in the movement through perception, and finding ones " self " morphed into a new being at each passing moment, our Grey Flesh brings us unique and ever changing thoughts, as time moves our percieved experience to uncharted territory, or so it seems :-) So on a lighter note Mojave, if the Urantians are coming to save us, hopefully they will get here quick, because were screwing up this biosphere, our precious little blue home, real fast. Good to hear from you MG, I've always enjoyed our conversations :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

News for Wizard

mojavegreen 1144September 01, 2006 10:27AM

LaughingBear 617September 01, 2006 05:09PM

mojavegreen 641September 04, 2006 11:05AM

mojavegreen 619September 04, 2006 11:13AM

jobe 689September 04, 2006 06:43PM

mojavegreen 614September 05, 2006 11:27AM

Wizard 602September 05, 2006 10:47PM

"Books You Have to Read"

mojavegreen 635September 06, 2006 06:38PM

Re: "Books You Have to Read"

Wizard 1091September 06, 2006 10:46PM

mojavegreen 600September 04, 2006 11:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login