Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (90% of Full)

Advanced

Re: DCHS/day after Memorial Day report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

June 03, 2005 10:24PM
I think flies in general around water areas are in abundance this year because of all the rain. On some hikes this last month into Granite Mountains near our home I ran into alot of flies around the spring areas, and many while hiking too. Not biting flies, but a nusiance none the less. Today I was out for a hike in these same areas and there were much fewer flies so hopefully they are dying off now that things are getting warmer. I know earlier in the spring at our home here in Apple Valley there was a deluge of various flying insects from the rains, and now they are gone thankfully. Our swimming pool was full of these little bee like insects that were attracted to the water, and our garage window was full of dead big flying insects that look like huge Mosquito's, these ones don't bite but where flying all around the patio during the day, and where gathering by any light's at night in swarms. I talked to the neighbors and they said they had not seen anything like that before in the spring. I think summers heat will bring things back into balance again, and thats fine with me :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS/day after Memorial Day report

lbcalrr 1143June 01, 2005 05:07PM

Wizard 655June 02, 2005 08:27PM

Rick 755June 02, 2005 08:48PM

Wizard 696June 02, 2005 08:56PM

Rick 722June 02, 2005 08:57PM

Wizard 1230June 03, 2005 10:24PM

Wizard 762June 02, 2005 08:52PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login