Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (85% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Hate mail from Jennifer Foster

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 07, 2005 09:31PM
Gail, Why are you having to speak for this Jennifer Foster? Are you her spokesperson? I see you suggest that Jennifer Foster ( JF ), " could have been more diplomatic ", in regards to that letter you posted. I'm sorry Gail, but " diplomatic " isn't a word, that to my mind, would describe any part of the content of that angst ridden peice of writting. Doesn't sound like JF has any intention on trying to work things out with those ( other public land users ) who have other interest than her own special ones regarding Equines ( thats horses to the rest of us ). So JF is all bent, because some FOJF folks have a " disdain " for horse riders, or OHV riders, well, so what. Is having a disdain for something, illegal? JF obviously has " disdain ", for FOJF. Regarding the FOJF reports, I have never seen one. Is there something illegal about the content of these reports, or the way they are done? You say FOJF are acting like police. I'd say they are acting like a group of like minded people, who are concerned about what they see going on in a area they value. If FOJF are acting in an illegal manner, has there been some report made about this? I also want to refer back to JF's comment about " booby traps, etc ", her writting, " are you proud ", in reference to exactly who, I'm not sure, but the implication she is trying to create is that FOJF, or other folks involved with them, have created these " supposedly real " hazards. Does JF have any proof, any whatsoever, documenting one of these devices, and who actually placed one? Gail, you wrote " We need marked trails and boundries, education of user groups, and reasonable, responsible, law enforcement of the area ". Now the point is Gail, there has been basically none of this kind of thing happening in Juniper Flats, and its surrounding area, and what you suggested is needed, seems to me, to be exactly what FOJF is trying to address in forming thier group, and monitering the area, giving reports about illegal activity to the appropriate agencies. My impression of JF is she has had the ability to enjoy a particular interest of her's, the way she wants, over an extended period of time, out there in ( our ) public lands, and now that some other folks express that horses, OHV,s, and vehicles should have some guidlines on where they travel, well this seems to make JF just blow her top. She wants no discussion, no compromise, her tone, " we have been doing this for years, you people are pathetic fools, get out of our way, we could care less about what you think, we have a big group so well run right over you if you disagree, there is no law on public lands, and thats fine with us, why, because it allows us to do exactly what we want, where we want, when we want, on our big old loveable Equines! ". Personally regarding horse travel out in those areas, including areas around DCHS, great smooth walking trails consistly get beat to a pulp by JF and friends big furry friends, and I have a disdain for that. But I'm sure JF doesn't even bat an eye about her favorite big animals trashing a hiking trail that beforehand was in great shape. Of course she wouldn't, she's up riding her great stallion, while us hikers are dodging the one inch to three inch deep divets left by JF and friends in the trails. Oh well, JF just needs to realize that people will continue to strive, in various ways, to have thier opinions heard in regards to what they see is the most appropriate way to use various public lands. JF also needs to realize that " other people " have rights too. And if they don't currently have a specific right, they may work dilegently as a group to get them. You wrote Gail, " Forever hold your peace ", in reference to this new desert plan and its repercussions I believe, well, in the real world, nothings forever, the agencies will as time goes by, have to respond to the changing values of the user groups who use various public areas. JF may not like it, but that is what will happen.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Hate mail from Jennifer Foster

LaughingBear 1250April 03, 2005 08:57PM

Wizard 728April 03, 2005 11:21PM

Steamboat 782April 04, 2005 09:23AM

mojavegreen 820April 04, 2005 01:29PM

Jennifer Foster's Email

katrina island 820April 05, 2005 01:26AM

Re: Jennifer Foster's Email

Steamboat 805April 05, 2005 07:33AM

Re: Jennifer Foster's Email

jobe 1030April 05, 2005 08:44AM

Jennifer Foster-Public Lands for Public Use

mojavegreen 794April 05, 2005 10:51AM

"Never be a Middle Road ever"

Steamboat 895April 05, 2005 01:47PM

Re: "Never be a Middle Road ever"

Paul P. 790April 06, 2005 01:07PM

LaughingBear 874April 05, 2005 09:43AM

Wizard 1017April 06, 2005 08:16PM

katrina island 839April 07, 2005 03:19AM

Rick 834April 07, 2005 02:56PM

Wizard 831April 07, 2005 09:31PM

mojavegreen 837April 13, 2005 07:42PM

LaughingBear 780April 07, 2005 08:07AM

Steamboat 911April 07, 2005 10:48AM

Police State of Juniper Flats

katrina island 755April 14, 2005 10:10AM

Re: Police State of Juniper Flats

Wizard 831April 14, 2005 12:10PM

Wizard 769April 14, 2005 12:20PM

Rick 835April 14, 2005 04:04PM

abitrary exercise of power

katrina island 686April 14, 2005 04:42PM

Re: abitrary exercise of power

Wizard 876April 14, 2005 09:43PM

Juniper Flats Cultural Area

katrina island 722April 15, 2005 09:01AM

LaughingBear 807April 15, 2005 10:55AM

Wizard 1553April 15, 2005 09:54PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login