All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 08, 2005 09:28PM
Now that I have little more time I'll do a small trip report. Things are looking much the same after the flooding of a couple of weeks ago. The creek level is just above the Serenity Pool, by about 4 inches. The big sand beach area is still almost fully intact, maybe losing about 5% of what was deposited in the big flood a couple of months ago. Aniversary Pool and the Womb are clean and full. Someone has put sand bags around the Womb in spots which has made it a bit fuller than normal. They also had the Crab Cooker built up with sand bags when I first got there, making it much fuller than usual. Looks like there is a community silver raft with ropes tied to both sides of the creek for everyone to use. I brought my River Rat, which carried my faithfully to my warm water adventure :-) The creek is not as " icy " as it was, but is still chilly, and a bit to deep for wading at this time. Things were looking pretty clean, as far as trash is concerned. Many of the cottonwoods that were planted by the tree man have survived and are beginning to sprout leaves. Did see numerous yellow and white flowers on the hike in. I caught a large Skink lizard which was very smooth and quite tame as wild things go :-) It will be interesting to see how thing look in terms of new sand bars and such once the water goes down to lower levels in late spring. All of the flooding is going to give us great clean and clear water in the creek this year, the Emerald waters of Deep Creek will be back :-) I posted two more photos I took today ( 3-8 ) of the beginning flower show out here in the desert. These photos at the Wizard's pictures link below, page 48. The painted lady butterflies have been abundant and on the move the last two days with the warmer temps. Lots of bird song in the air as they choose thier mate, to make a new crop of youngins! Its been so warm the last couple of days, its been to hot to even wear cloths, Ye Haw, its spring time :-)
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Get Em While Their Hot!

Wizard 976March 07, 2005 10:45PM

Re: Get Em While Their Hot!

Wizard 582March 08, 2005 09:28PM

Paul P. 657March 09, 2005 04:44PM

Wizard 1181March 09, 2005 07:45PM

Paul P. 1134March 10, 2005 05:15PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login