Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (80% of Full)

Advanced

Re: What can we do to help DCHS on Sat?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 12, 2005 09:45PM
Hello lbcalrr :-) Yesterday I was down at the lower end of Deep Creek by the Mohave Dam and Deep Creek was still raging. With the amount of rains we had you may find Deep Creek at DCHS still quite a strong river on Saturday. There is a trail ( Bradford Ridge ) That comes in on the south side of Deep Creek, the hotpools side, but HWY 173 from the west is buried under a lake cause by floodwaters behind the Mohave Dam. Also currently roads going into the San Bernardino Mtns are closed so accessing HWY 173 from the Arrowhead area will probably not be possible this weekend. Deep Creek below DCHS gets very rocky and is no place you would want to be washed into if you tried to swim across at DCHS and got swept down stream. Hard to say how much the stream will come down by Saturday. If you do make it across, and the Aniversary Pool, or even the Womb are above the creek, any debris cleaned up can be thrown in to Deep Creek. This would be sand and mud in the pools, and other flood debris. Leave any trash high up on the shore for future cleanup. A shovel or bucket can be used to remove sand and mud from the pools. There is a hose used for cleaning purposes hidden around somewhere, but I'm not sure where it is currently. That log jam between the Aniversary Pool and the Womb will need to be removed when possible. From what I saw there is one big log there that may very well take a few people to remove. Thanks for any help in clean up down there, good luck, and be very careful with those flood waters.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

What can we do to help DCHS on Sat?

lbcalrr 1205January 12, 2005 12:39PM

Wizard 619January 12, 2005 09:45PM

LaughingBear 1166January 13, 2005 09:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login