Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (86% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Oh my God hot spring

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 23, 2019 08:42PM
I was a regular at Oh My God Hot springs back in the day. A really nice 3 season soak. Besides myself, there were a few other colorful characters who soaked there as much as I did. I'll never forget "The Mayor" who was older than dirt and was missing almost all of one of his ears. After a few years, some undesirable druggies started living full time at Oh My God. The County of Imperial wanted to get rid of them. The final straw was that a fight broke out one night and a guy got shot dead at the spring. The County dynamited the entire spring, plugged it completely, and that was the end of Oh My God. Side note: There was a scene in Sean Penns movie Into The Wild that was allegedly filmed at Oh My God, but the spring was already gone by then so it wasnt an accurate movie scene.

Ill might have some pics, but a friend of mine for sure has a couple of pics. I'll find out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Oh my God hot spring

Mr crossup1621July 23, 2019 06:33PM

Paul P.873July 23, 2019 08:42PM

Mr crossup904July 23, 2019 09:44PM

Paul P.833July 24, 2019 08:16AM

Mr crossup1038July 24, 2019 06:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login