Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

Los Padres Announces New Ojai District Ranger

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 31, 2010 05:22PM
Date: Aug 31, 2010

GOLETA, CA - Los Padres National Forest officials today announced the selection of Sue Exline as Ojai District Ranger. Exline currently serves as the Public Affairs Officer on the Sierra National Forest in Clovis, California.

Exline replaces John Bridgwater, who retired July 30 after 42 years of federal service. Exline will assume her new position September 13.

“I am extremely pleased that Sue is joining our Forest Leadership Team,” said Los Padres Forest Supervisor Peggy Hernandez. “Sue has a proven track record for tackling tough issues, and a passion for engaging with the public. She will be a valuable asset to the Ojai District and the communities we serve.”

Exline began her Forest Service career in 1979 as a district recreation planner on the Sequoia National Forest in Kernville, California. She served as a District Public Affairs Officer on the Sequoia National Forest’s Cannell Meadown Ranger District, and since 1986 has been the Public Affairs Officer on the Sierra National Forest.

Exline, 53, was born in Lynwood, California, and raised in Southern California. She graduated from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo in 1979 with a Bachelor of Arts degree in Recreation. Prior to graduation, she spent her summers working as a Recreation Technician for the Army Corps of Engineers and the Sequoia National Forest.

“I’m truly honored to be selected for this challenging position, and I look forward to the opportunity to work with the many interested agencies, groups, and organizations who take great interest and pride in the Los Padres National Forest,” Exline said.

Exline is married to John Exline, a district ranger on the Sequoia National Forest. They have two children: Brian, 16, and Erin, 21.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Rick2437August 31, 2010 05:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login