Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (99% of Full)

Advanced

Schwarzenegger's Clueless Veto Message

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

August 12, 2004 10:19AM
To the Members of the California State Senate:

I am returning SB 1493 without my signature.

This bill undermines local health officers' ability to enforce the Public Swimming Pool Safety Act (Act) by restricting their authority to determine whether or not a facility is a public swimming pool. This measure preempts local control by exempting all geothermal pools that meet specific standards from health and safety protections governing public swimming pools.

To ensure the health and safety of these facilities Department of Health Services administers regulations that require public pool operators to maintain proper disinfectant levels to prevent water-related illnesses, to have specific circulation and filtration requirements, and to post safety signage.

Circumventing local health officer control by exempting pools that receive water from geothermal sources would put those who use the pool, as well as the general public, at risk.

For these reasons, I am unable to sign this measure.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Schwarzenegger's Hot Springs Veto Sparks Outrage

Rick 1545August 11, 2004 06:10PM

Re: Schwarzenegger's Hot Springs Veto Sparks Outrage

Ron 722August 11, 2004 09:55PM

Rick 625August 11, 2004 10:15PM

Gary 1154August 16, 2004 03:19PM

Schwarzenegger's Clueless Veto Message

Rick 631August 12, 2004 10:19AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login