Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (96% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Merchant of Deepcreek evicted

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 23, 2004 09:52AM
Good to hear that the USFS and others have taken action regarding this issue. DCHS is a great outdoor place that should not become a place for any vending activity. Also to allow person's like Scott to more or less reside there, and to occupy favored grounds on a semi permanent basis, only encourages more of the same behavior from others. Our communication here, and within the recently formed groups of DCV and FOJF, have shown that positive steps can be taken to help preserve the natural beauty of these important recreational areas. As one activity for the next DCV day at the springs I think we should go over to Family Canyon to retrieve, and carry out, any items that may be left at one of Scotts camp over there. Last time Ron and I checked it out we found a couple of large trash bags of what looked to be alunimum cans, pots and pans, a couple of grills, a book, and some other assorted items. Further up the canyon from his campsite I also found an old metal camp chest with a number of drawers in it, used for storing camp items. It looks like its been there for a long time. Maybe since the days of the 70,s when many people lived down at the springs. Regarding these recent sightings of more motorcycle riders around and at DCHS. I'm just wondering if this upswing of illegal activity has anything to do with disagreements about OHV riding though the Indian area in Juniper Flats. Just seems like there has been alot more riders down in the canyon in a short time span than I can remember before. I am supprised to hear that riders apparently came down the Bradford Ridge Trail which has a steep and slippery area of decomposed granite. I wonder if these riders have damaged the trail in that area?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merchant of Deepcreek evicted

LaughingBear 1066May 22, 2004 10:44PM

Sam D. 590May 22, 2004 11:56PM

Wizard 534May 23, 2004 09:52AM

sycamorelaughing 590May 23, 2004 02:49PM

LaughingBear 634May 23, 2004 10:08AM

Wizard 623May 23, 2004 11:03AM

LaughingBear 1144May 23, 2004 03:11PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login