All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 04, 2004 09:53PM
Duane, this dam Scott has expressed building at the downstream end of the big Lagoon in front of the hotpools, if that is his true intention, is a bad idea in my opinion. To raise the level of the Lagoon, any substantial amount, would require a significant amount of material, whether rocks, branches, sandbags or whatever else Scott may be thinking of using to build this dam. Its not like the USFS is not going to notice, or put up with something that big. Is part of Scotts plan to remove any artificial materials, like sandbags from this dam, before the winter floods come? Or, are these things destined to end up downstream somewhere snagged in the trees, bushes or rocks. Regarding selling things at the springs, Scotts tent, with his sign expressing things for sale, is not what many of us want to look at in one of the main social areas ( the grass hill ) at the springs. Thats just our opinion on the matter. No one will complain about his efforts of clean up around DCHS, or any good advice he may be giving to visitors about how to help protect the beauty of that area. I have met Scott a few times and he has acted in a friendly manner, though I am a bit concerned about this report of him possibly having a weapon at the springs. I have no personel experience of whether that is true or not. Over the many years I have visited the springs, the spot where Scott is keeping his tent at DCHS has been popular because of its shade and flatness. Scott's tent has been at that spot constantly of late, giving no other visitors the opportunity to use it, I don't think thats fair to the other DCHS visitors. I couldn't tell you what the USFS intend to do about Scott. In talking to Scott the few times I have met him, he frankly doesn't seem at all concerned about the USFS, and what they think of him. When it comes to DCHS, Scott should consider that he is just one part of the larger, diverse community of people who visit these special springs, and he should realize that certain things he is doing down there, will not go un-noticed, or necessarily be looked upon as positive activities for the area.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Merchant of DCHS, ... (the continuing escapades)

Arizona Mike 1074May 03, 2004 06:34PM

Re: Merchant of DCHS, ... (the continuing escapades)

Wizard 578May 03, 2004 10:29PM

Duane 522May 04, 2004 01:46AM

Rick 901May 04, 2004 02:55PM

Arizona Mike 567May 04, 2004 09:37AM

Rick 598May 04, 2004 02:57PM

Re: Merchant of DCHS, and Lonny

celtfire 593May 05, 2004 02:36AM

Wizard 679May 04, 2004 09:53PM

Merchant of DCHS

katrina island 990May 05, 2004 02:39PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login