Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (93% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Katrina?

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 02, 2004 06:39PM
You know I read that article and saved it. I have brought this issue up before the forum because it was an issue that affects public lands. All issues about public lands should be open for public discussion in order for the best resolution to be reached. It is those different voices that eventually bring about a public and legal process that all parties can respect.

I do support the limited use of R.S. 2477. Each claim of this right needs to go through a legal process where the affect of opening the road would be discussed and studied.

The County has an interest in the public lands that surround it. Their economy is intertwined with the public lands and the regulation of private land within its jurisdiction. The County has economic interest in the recreational value of this land, the mining businesses, some of the County Parks, thet all parties can respect.

I do support the limited use of R.S. 2477. Each claim of this right needs to go through a legal process where the affect of opening the road would be discussed and studied.

The County has an interest in the public lands that surround it. Their economy is intertwined with the public lands and the regulation of private land within its jurisdiction. The County has economic interest in the recreational value of this land, the mining businesses, some of the County Parks, the lumber, the fires, etc. It is because of these interests that are intertwined that I believe the County should have limited right to control this impact.

The current 1st District Supervisor, Bill Postmus, has shown himself to be very strong in asserting the rights of the County with regard to this public land. However, with regard to RS 2477, the County has only asserted one request for RS 2477 for Camp Rock Road. Camp Rock Road is obviously a road and I am under the impression that it does lead somewh lumber, the fires, etc. It is because of these interests that are intertwined that I believe the County should have limited right to control this impact.

The current 1st District Supervisor, Bill Postmus, has shown himself to be very strong in asserting the rights of the County with regard to this public land. However, with regard to RS 2477, the County has only asserted one request for RS 2477 for Camp Rock Road. Camp Rock Road is obviously a road and I am under the impression that it does lead somewhere.

However, I might take exception with the court as to one aspect that it has to be a road specifically, I believe that established trails should be included especially in recreation areas.

Whether we agree with the law or not, the law establishes how these issues are to be handled and that has to be respected.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

R.S. 2477 Criteria

mojavegreen 945February 28, 2004 05:56PM

Katrina?

mojavegreen 611March 02, 2004 09:28AM

katrina island 500March 02, 2004 06:39PM

mojavegreen 983March 02, 2004 07:02PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login