Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (98% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Beam Specs

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 18, 2001 10:48PM
Mr. Eastbay, this beam is a no go for crossing the stream. If you walked its full length as it sits you would only be crossing a bunch of boulders in the stream bed :-) The Stream itself is presently running at a spot away from the beam. Also this beam is at least a quarter mile upstream from the springs in no useful area at present, oh darn! I was down at the hotsprings today and the stream is running a bit warmer since its been in the 80's for most of this week. Best bet is to wade across the creek right from the beach across from the pools. Its about 10 inches above the knees on most people and is safer that crossing at some of the rocky areas. Some people have tried to put some logs across rocks just downstream from the hotpools and cross that way. If you want to take a chance on falling this might be for you :-) I prefer the safe and sane wade straight across. When the stream level lowers the rocks can be crossed rather safely. Did I mention a raft, small boat, helicopter or sky diving :-) Either way you'll be glad when you climb in those fantastic hotpools, unless its over 100 degrees air temp the day you arrive :-) Have fun!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Beam Specs

Wizard 1698April 14, 2001 10:39PM

EastBay 732April 18, 2001 01:36PM

Wizard 728April 18, 2001 10:48PM

EastBay 1200April 19, 2001 11:57AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login