Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (94% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Another Conversation

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

April 07, 2003 10:38PM
The person I mentioned above that had a tire slashed in two incidents told my friend that he no longer wanted to come up because of his two experiences of vandalism to his vehicle. I know that Eastbay, a good person who I have met, has declined to come since his friends car ended up with a broken window and I would think his friends feel the same way. All they wanted was a nice hike and relaxing day at the springs. The experience of these special springs has been taken away from them because of the unsafe situation of the parking on the open routes. There are, various folks, who for a variety of reasons, choose not to park on the Bowen Ranch. As Laughing Bear says, it would be a boring affair to sit and wait in the hills around a vehicle parked on the open routes, in hopes that a perpatrator of one of these car vandalisms could be caught or video taped. Like I'm sure it is for most of you, when I find time, to go to the effort, to get my stuff together, make the drive to the parking area and hike down to DCHS, it is precious time, and I am ready for another fine time down at the springs, soaking and visiting with the many good people down there. I do always carry a camera and bring binoculars also so I can get a better look at whats going on around while in the area on my hikes, and get pictures if need be. I know many of you other visitors come from much longer distances so the price you pay in effort is even more, especially at the latest gas prices! The least we can all do is, as Laughing Bear said, be watchful as we can. I felt that I should mention this latest story as told by my friend to have it at least present as a record in the archives of this forum. Its one piece of the puzzle in trying to understand the reasons, and scope of this problem of saftey of vehicles on the Northern open routes around the Bowen Ranch. Thankfully, I am good at putting out of my mind the concerns for my vehicle when I visit the springs, I instead, focus on the great time I know I will have at DCHS for the day. As we have come to know eachother, it gives me a good feeling, because I believe that the springs are better for it. We have created a group ( DCV ) which has made a positive impact on the springs, and the perceptions of people too. It makes a great impression on visitors when they see and hear about an organized effort of caring visitors who help keep the place nice, and protect in what way they can its treasures of beauty. I enjoy much the kind of visit, and conversations we had between us at the last clean up day. Its something I look forward to. Its dissapointing that all the good people that wish to come, don't, because of fear of saftey for thier vehicles which are parked in the remote areas of the open routes. I will keep my eyes and ears open for anything that may provide answers. I do not consider the person, or persons doing these vandalisms on cars, friends of the springs community, they take away in some measure, each time they act, some of the positive atmosphere of human interaction that is so strong at DCHS
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Another Conversation

Wizard 1320April 06, 2003 11:38PM

LaughingBear 676April 07, 2003 09:17AM

eastbay 664April 07, 2003 12:23PM

Celtfire 644April 07, 2003 03:00PM

Rick 774April 07, 2003 04:05PM

eastbay 691April 07, 2003 04:24PM

LaughingBear 680April 07, 2003 06:31PM

Rick 698April 07, 2003 07:29PM

LaughingBear 631April 07, 2003 10:33PM

Rick 623April 08, 2003 11:26AM

Wizard 721April 07, 2003 10:38PM

JOBE 682April 08, 2003 05:19PM

eastbay 648April 09, 2003 10:49AM

stu 1200April 09, 2003 01:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login