All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

December 25, 2002 06:05PM
Nate,

I am not sure what you meant by later this week so please excuse me if this report is too late. I was up there today and although I did not see "any new hot springs" to report on, the existing ones are as beautifull and enjoyable as allways.

There were some patches of snow still around the Bowen Ranch, but the road was fine and had been graded since the last storm passed through the area. The level of the creek is just below the Arizona Pool so all pools are available for use. You can still cross the creek on the rocks over the buff above the Arizona pool, or through the creek in front of the beach. The creek is only thigh deep there so it is not too bad, but the temperature is painfully cold. The trail is in good condition and the rains so far have been insufficient to affect the trails, increase the level of the creek for more than a couple of hours or turn the vegetation green. Every thing is still very dry down there.

You should definitly make your trip, I am sure you will find it worth while. Just keep an eye on those weather forcast and avoid going if there is a large storm coming. Is this your first trip to the hot springs? If you have a moment come and post how it went.

Take care.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Recent Hot springs report

Nate 1016December 22, 2002 08:50PM

Re: Recent Hot springs report

Ron 541December 25, 2002 06:05PM

Ron 925December 26, 2002 10:00PM

Rick 557December 26, 2002 01:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login