Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (96% of Full)

Advanced

Re: DCHS Reunion

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 11, 2002 08:26PM
Also I wanted to mention to any visitors going soon that on Sunday people were getting bit alot by knat like insects, especially up around the trees and grass area just north of the Aniversary pool. One guy got out of the Womb and his white back and legs had many bites. The bites I received were mainly on my legs. When I first arrived I was talking to Joseph and Mary up by the Aniversary pool and mentioned to them that there seemed to be alot of knats around. They then told me that these ones were bitting. I left them shortly and went down to the Womb. As I began visiting with DCR and the others I noticed my legs were beginning to itch and I had quite a few bites showing up. Glad I didn't stay up in that grass area long. The insects are quite small and leave a red bump much like a mosquito. I have not run into a problem with these particular biting bugs before and I don't know why there so many of them up there right now. I have run into mosquitoes near evening sometimes in the summer months but never got so many bites so fast like Sunday. Around the Womb and the Serenity pool these bugs didn't seem to be a problem. I would tend to think the cold weather coming soon will kill them off. Just something to be aware of in case you want to bring some bug spray.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

DCHS Reunion

Wizard 1830November 10, 2002 10:25PM

DCR 661November 11, 2002 09:57AM

Ken 667November 11, 2002 02:35PM

Wizard 648November 11, 2002 08:06PM

Wizard 569November 11, 2002 08:26PM

Rick 676November 12, 2002 09:14PM

Dan 1032November 18, 2002 01:14AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login