Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (73% of Full)

Advanced

Re: The Group

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 29, 2002 08:24AM
Sycamore, I would think, based on Ron's schedule, that we are pretty close to deciding a name. The mission statement looks good to me. I know DCR had some suggestions about that and maybe she could call Ron and they could discuss the various suggestion she made about the statement over the phone which would go faster that this internet communication. I also thought that this idea of each volunteer making up thier own copies would be the best way to handle the production of the flier. I know Officer Brad is waiting to see the flier as soon as we get it ready. When I was down at the springs on Saturday a group of people lit a small barbeque they had brought with them. The flames were quite big when they first lit it which was in the early afternoon. Three of us went up to them and told them that fires were not allowed anywhere in the Deep Creek canyon. The man said he would put the cover on it. These people did end up cooking thier meal on this barbecure. We didn't want to get in some fight or argument with this group. Hopefully these people will take heed of the no fire rule the next time they visit. A situation like this is a fine example of when a flier would be a good way to inform folks like these of what the regulation are for the area. These people seemed unaware that fires where illegal.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Group

sycamore laughing 1081July 29, 2002 07:52AM

Wizard 625July 29, 2002 08:24AM

sycamore laughing 579July 29, 2002 08:44AM

Ron 657July 29, 2002 08:42AM

sycamore laughing 1069July 29, 2002 08:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login