Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (95% of Full)

Advanced

Emmett Berg requested your stories

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 23, 2002 01:18AM
The reporter Emmett Berg did post on the forum and request input on the story that he was writing.

etb@journalist.com

Title: newspaper article on Deep Creek
Author: Emmett Berg (---.66.12.171.122.gte.net)
Date: 04-18-02 12:09

Hi there soakers ... I'm a freelancer writing an article on deep creek hot springs and hoped the forum could clue me in a bit regarding the springs' history, unusual features and current challenges.
FYI, I am aware of allegations concerning Mike Castro and disappearances in the area. I also know about the feds reworking their mgmt plans, which may affect usage. I've read a lot of postings from this site already ... what I want to hear about is --- what do these springs mean to the soaking community .. not just locally but in the southwest and beyond. Thanks for any help.
P.S. I enjoyed my first visit to the springs in December.

End of Emmett Berg's forum post--------------

Mr. Berg did request your stories and what Deep Creek means to you. Maybe Mike Castro was the only person who would talk to him?

Deep Creek is public land and is of interest to the media. All hotsprings have news stories written about them from time to time. In November 1999, Deep Creek was on the front page of the LA Times. There was another article about the Deep Creek area in the LA Times February 1999.

This story was very interestingly written illustrating the relationship between Mike Castro, Ranger Brad and Ranger Nelson. It clearly shows the Federal agencies endorsing Mike Castro to conduct law enforcement for the area. However, there were dark undertones in some of the words he chose.

I was very surprised by the article. It's like an abstract picture with a mixed message that has many angles and many opinions.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Emmett Berg requested your stories

katrina island 1144July 23, 2002 01:18AM

Re: Emmett Berg requested your stories

sycamore laughing 598July 23, 2002 08:21AM

Az. Mike 570July 23, 2002 08:22AM

Wizard 601July 23, 2002 08:42AM

Ron 607July 23, 2002 08:38PM

Arizona Mike 1092July 27, 2002 11:00AM

DCR 591July 23, 2002 08:46PM

mp 623July 23, 2002 09:32PM

sycamore laughing 582July 24, 2002 08:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login