Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (83% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Fire on the mountain

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

July 13, 2002 01:55PM
Gary and Linda Grams are level headed people who would be devasted by the loss of their home. Gary Grams is an artist, made Indian pipe art pieces, Korean War Veteran. Linda Grams is part Indian and does beautiful beadwork.

They have endured the "code raid" and stood up for their rights in San Bernardino County. Then they suffered through the Willow Fire where their rights were violated again. One of their sons was lauded during the Willow Fire by fighting the fire at the Village. He works as a contract fireman. Then in March 2000, their youngest son faced false criminal charges (I know this young man, the acusing party and have reviewed the evidence).

I left a message for habitat for humanity and I encourage others to call to generate interest in constructing a new home for this family. Habitat for Humanity (760) 241-3733.

I have another idea to make the project even more interesting. There is a local business called cal earth that is world renown for their building technique which is cheap, fire proof, earthquake and weather resistent, (really cool). The owner of this business, Nader Khallili, has developed a building technique involving sand and ceramics. Described in a news article "when formed into domes, apses and vaulted structures, on base-isolated foundations, super adobe is inherently earthquake-resistant."

You can visit their facility on the first Saturday of every month there is an open house. You would go up the 15 north to main street, turn right, to Topaz turn left, Left on Live Oak, Right on Baldy Lane, Cal-Earth is sign posted. (760) 244-0614.

These buildings are something to see. They were displayed at events at Hesperia Lake. The buildings are made from these huge long sandbags and you fill them with sand. They are extremely reasonably priced to build.

The City of Hesperia has approved these houses for building. It may be possible to have these houses approved for the county. That would be interesting. Linda and Gary Grams live in the unincorporated area of the County outside of the Apple Valley City limits. Their propery is desinated as "rural" so there is supposed to be more relaxed rules.

Maybe this could make a great positive publicity for Cal-Earth, Habitat for Humanity and County Supervisor Bill Postmus.

Anyway, I can't tell you how trippy these houses are. I have some color photos from the newspaper. This guy has been meeting with countries overseas to provide shelter for the people.

Anyway, this may be an interesting angle.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Fire on the mountain

Laughing Bear 1021July 11, 2002 07:46PM

katrina island 561July 13, 2002 01:55PM

Viejo Bill 1046July 13, 2002 03:36PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login