Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (71% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Mountain Lion sighting

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 04, 2020 09:20PM
I have found Mountain Lion scat in places along the Deep Creek between the Rainbow Bridge and the dam. One time near the east end of the old Hesperia aqua duct where it connects to the creek bed, in a small canyon near the stream I found where two Deer had been killed, in the same spot. There is a well used Deer route that access Deep Creek from the higher hills there and it was a perfect ambush spot for a Cougar. I hike a lot in the desert mountains near our home, Granite and the Fair View Mountains and not too long ago I found a place where there were multiple very large scats which had to be Mountain Lion, to big for Bobcat or Coyote. I was out in the Granite Mountains yesterday on a hike and at one point towards sunset my two dogs went exploring down a small canyon then suddenly started barking and came running back with their hair standing up big time. It was probably a Coyote, or maybe a Bobcat which both frequent these mountains. Hmmm, maybe a Mountain Lion too. Once in a while Big Horn Sheep will wander through the area. I have never seen on but have seen droppings and found their hoof prints in soft mud. If you read about Mountain Lion attacks they are very rare, and usually associated with areas where their habitat has been encroached on by humans. A few years a go there was a report of a Mountain Lion taking a goat I think it was at someones residence off of Round Up Rd. About a week Later I was hiking out of the Deep Creek Canyon towards the Mohave Forks Dam, it was getting near sunset and my dogs kept alerting to something on the mountains. I was thinking about that Mountain Lion report a week earlier and was wondering if there was one following us.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mountain Lion sighting

Paul P.1282March 04, 2020 08:30PM

Wizard890March 04, 2020 09:20PM

Sam D.1073March 05, 2020 07:34PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login