All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 09, 2016 12:06PM
I was just there this weekend, and that's correct; the Anniversary pool's "waterfall" hose was dismantled, and some drunk Apple Valley locals were attempting to use it as a siphon in the Womb to "clean" algae (ie: show off). The hose is currently broken in two and laying next to where it belongs by the Anniversary pool.

The old sandbag pool under the Serenity pool was much larger, but underwater when I went previously in February. A friend and I spent a few hours diving for rocks (likely from the Womb's "Berlin Wall" demolition), and moving the existing sandbags to make a smaller, but actual pool. We got about 65% finished when we ran out of easily accessible materials/the sun went down. But when we went down this weekend, someone had added a new sandbag and a few more rocks, completing the wall. It's kind of 50/50 hot/cold water, but still pleasant to sit in. It had about 7-8 people in it on Sunday.

There were a TON of PCT hikers this weekend. About 30ish tents on Friday night/Saturday morning. There was also a group of a dozen or so Apple Valley locals who were extremely disruptive and rude; multiple PCT hikers stated that they decreed that "no one is allowed to sleep tonight", and screamed at people to wake up the entire night, while playing a loud boombox all night long. One hiker I spoke with apparently requested that they keep it down, but backed down after it was made clear that the group was looking for a reason to start a fight. In fact, I witnessed them violently "wrestling" while crossfaded when I came down right after sunrise Saturday. They broke some glass near the Arizona pool too, though I think we got most of it; be careful.

Also, are horses allowed in the area? One guy had a pair with him. I've never seen any there before.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Is the PVC Anniversary Pool waterfall still running?

Paul P.1815May 08, 2016 05:46PM

Re: Is the PVC Anniversary Pool waterfall still running?

Wizard991May 08, 2016 08:54PM

Paul P.908May 09, 2016 08:44AM

GeneralRap895May 09, 2016 12:06PM

Wizard973May 09, 2016 12:22PM

GeneralRap932May 09, 2016 01:37PM

Wizard1612May 09, 2016 03:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login