Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (62% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Thank you Forest Service :-)

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

November 14, 2014 10:05PM
I was there yesterday. While hiking in I saw several green USFS rigs parked at the Bowen Ranch parking area so I figured some amount of their personel might be down at the springs, doing what, I wondered? While I hiked down the last portion of the Bowen Ranch trail I came across a woman USFS worker who had a big full large trash bag of trash on her back. I talked with her a bit and she told me that ( if I remember it correctly ) they had around 25 people from the USFS down there at the springs and that they, carried out 50 trash bags full of trash. I see in Jobes report it talks about less of them there. I don't know for sure because I was just hiking in as they were finished with the project and leaving. The USFS lady said the last two of their group were down the trail a bit coming out with trash too.

After a short walk I passed these two women also. Whatever the actual amount of trash they picked up, it was a whole lot, so that will really help the trash situation, at least for the cooler months till summer comes again. Like Jobe said, it would be nice if they could do something like that at least once a year. I don't recall them going down like that for a big clean up before, but maybe they have in past years but I just missed them or didn't hear about it. Great to not see that big pile of trash on the sandy bank above the Arizona Pool, the one that was there most of the summer. I took my pool hose down at vacuumed out the Aniversary Pool really well and another regular used it to vacuum out the small little pool directly on the south side of the Aniversary Pool, it had a lot of sand and algae in it but its cleaned down to rock now. Also a couple of times recently I vacuumed out the Serenity pool down to rock so with what Jobe mentioned in his other post about the cleaning of the other pools, all of the pools have been vacuumed/cleaned recently, enjoy : )

Oh and the rangers as far as I know did not ticket anyone, they just did the clean up and then left, and everyone I talked to who interacted with them said they were pleasent and friendly while there, nice to know : )
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Thank you Forest Service :-)

jobe1930November 14, 2014 09:35AM

Wizard967November 14, 2014 10:05PM

Wizard1041November 14, 2014 10:14PM

CanadaDan1561November 16, 2014 02:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login