Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (89% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 3-8 & 3-9 - 2014

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 10, 2014 02:34PM
It was 1 pm on Saturday when I got to the Freedom trail head. There were 3 trucks and 4 cars there. I could see many cars at the Bowen ranch parking area too.
When I got to the springs there were @ 40 - 50 persons there, most were textiles.
I spent most of my time digging the sand and creek debris out of the Serenity pool as it was almost half full. While doing this a Hispanic woman and her brother dug the Crab Cooker pool sand out too. They were drinking beer and were happy to share so neither of us got finished. After this I spent most of my time talking with regulars on the beach. As the day progressed @ 100 persons were around the springs. So, just before sunset it was crowded as I went up to my camp near the Freedom trail head.
The next morning I read the Good book until 10:30 when 3 helicopter came to the springs. The first one came over the springs low and slow from the direction of Lake Arrowhead. The second one was hovering near the spillway area. Then another copter came in from the direction of San Bernardino. He circled the springs too. When I got to the springs I found that they had rescued a drunk who was too sick to walk.They were around the spings for 1 hour and 15 minuets. Well duh!
The next day at 1 pm I got my thermometer out. The outside air temp on the beach was 90 degrees.
The creek temp upsteam from the Arizona pool was 52 degrees. Down stream where most cross the creek was 62 degrees.
All pool temps are taken on the surface and near the center of the pools.
The Arizona pool was 103 degrees. It is much bigger now since the rain has changed the pool a lot.
The Anniversary pool was at 107 degrees. The sunshine has made these pools much warmer.
The Womb pool was 103 degrees. Debris from the rain has made this pool a little merky. This should clear w/time.
The Serenity pool was 105 degrees. Eventually I will clean this pool better.
The Crab Cooker pool was 115 degrees. The sun made this pool hotter too.I checked the source there and it was still 118 degrees.
The Contemplation pool was 89 degrees. many persons were enjoying this pool all day.
Every one I saw and talked with were very happy to be at Deep Creek hot springs.
ENJOY !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 3-8 & 3-9 - 2014

jobe2031March 10, 2014 02:34PM

Re: Trip Report 3-8 & 3-9 - 2014

juliankaye943March 11, 2014 07:03AM

Re: Trip Report 3-8 & 3-9 - 2014

tjnthesky926March 11, 2014 11:28AM

Malaysia Air 370

mohave1280March 11, 2014 10:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login