Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Full

Advanced

Re: planning to go...

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

March 22, 2012 09:55AM
I was out there yesterday, Wednesday. The road had a couple mud spots that had to be crossed, but it is still very accessible. The walk down was beautiful. I arrived at the creek to find the water is running cold and a bit higher than it was a couple weeks ago. The water crossing is still below the waist and not too quick. The non-water crossing is now underwater; the log has water running rapidly over it, the rope is underwater, as well as some of the rocks. I suggest just crossing at the low at the beach.
The rains did cause a shift in some of the sands around the Arizona pool, the upper barrier has been re-built but the depth is shallow due to the extra sand now in the pool. Talking with people out there who were there over the weekend, it was 24 hrs of straight rain followed by hail on Sat and snow Sunday. There is no snow now in the area with temps yesterday in the 70s.
Hope this helps!

PS, one more thing, the trees are just budding, and if it is sunny out, there is very little shade to hide in at times. Bring sunscreen!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/22/2012 09:57AM by DCHS Jaunter.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

planning to go...

ezzpete1858March 20, 2012 07:26PM

Re: planning to go...

DCHS Jaunter1389March 22, 2012 09:55AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login