Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (81% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Deep Creek saved my life

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

January 16, 2012 03:25PM
Ah yes... another lucid experience and memory from Deep Creek Hot Springs. I still remember my very first experience to the springs back in the mid 80's. Never having been there, I somehow missed the springs while hiking up the Pacific Crest Trail... hiked right on by them and up the canyon a ways. Not paying attention, I walked headlong into one of those prickly "yucca?" plants with all the long "daggers" arrainged in a ball of pain. One of those daggers punctured my thigh... down into the muscle about a quarter inch or so. Damn!

Hiking dejectedly back down the canyon, I stumbled into a guy walking up the beach after soaking in the Arizona pool. I found the legendary pools of DCHS! There's been many a trip back to the theraputic "Hot Pots" from all trails that lead there. It's been awhile since my last trip, as I no longer live in SoCal. But that's another story. Don't miss LA a bit, but sure do miss "mental health breaks" at Deep Creek.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Deep Creek saved my life

Tom Foolery2076January 11, 2012 10:57PM

katrina island1062January 11, 2012 11:33PM

Paul P.989January 12, 2012 09:43AM

Wizard994January 12, 2012 10:16PM

knucklehead937January 13, 2012 08:33AM

Gary1520January 16, 2012 03:25PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login