Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waxing Gibbous (79% of Full)

Advanced

Trip Report 10-16 &10-17

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

October 18, 2011 02:08PM
I arrived at the Freedom trail head just before the noon hour. When I got there 2 cars and a truck were parked. A couple got out of a van and started streching out. I asked how was the hot springs today. They said they had not been there yet and they were waiting on some friends.
About 1 hour after I was at the springs this couple and their friends who are regulars to Deep Creek hot springs showed up. I have been seeing them there the past several weekends.
The weather was perfect about 80 degrees with a small breeze. There were more Naked women than men on Sunday, kind of unusual.
I started a conversation with some local colledge women who are on the swim team where they go to school. I will not mention the name of their colledge so as to not identify them. Having been on the swim team in high school I had many questions for them. I could tell they were far more advanced swimmers than I ever was. This took up most of my day. I also saw Hippy Dave and several other regulars during the day. There were no unusual loud mouths or stupid drunk or drugged behavior that I noticed. Not really a crowded day, probably less than 50 persons at any time of the day.
I got back to the Freedom trail head just as the sunset and had a very comfortable sleep of about 10 hours.
At 7 in the morning I thought about going to the springs and having the place to myself. I did for over 1 hour. I wish I would have got my video camera out and made a video to share here. The pools are perfectly clean and prestine at that time. They give me a feeling that I can only get here. A feeling like no other any where. If I could only put that feeling into a can and sell it ...
As Monday progressed I could only find a small amount of trash as some other campers had already picked most of it up. Thanks campers !
The Womb pool was as clean and wonderful as it ever was.
The pool just below there (the serenity pool) had a small amount of debris in it. I got my hose out and removed amost all of it.
The Crab cooker looked as if no one had enjoyed it lately, so I did, it was terrific. I love the feeling that 114 degrees gives me.
The Anniversary pool was very clean as if some one had just finished cleaning it too. I took maybe 20 more 5 gallon buckets of sand there to keep shoreing up the willow tree there. It is @ 80% dead. It does this every year, it is that time. I hope it does not slide off the hill there.
The Arizona pool was just over 1 foot deep, again. So, on Sunday I got my shovel out and proceeded to dig it out again. While I was doing this a pretty woman named Aubriana helped me a lot. Thanks for the help ! What a woman ! It was almost completely dug out when I left Monday evening. A very refreshing place !
Only about 15 people at any given time on Monday, very nice :~)
Another terrific 2 days, except the incident at the Bowen Ranch which I talked about in another post. Dontwanna bringudown.
Remember to leave Deep Creek a better place than u find it, please.
I am glad to help !
P.S. I hope my spelling is correct as my spell checker for some reason is not working.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Trip Report 10-16 &10-17

jobe2147October 18, 2011 02:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login