Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (97% of Full)

Advanced

Re: Injured Hiker Rescued In Difficult, Extended Operation

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 31, 2011 01:46PM
Rick,
This is weird that you would post this here. It is even weirder that I was hiking and camping there a few days earlier. Clark mountain is on the NW side of the Ivanpah Valley. I had hiked over a very steep section of layered rock and came to peak just before the summit. I turned back so I could get to my truck before sunset. As I was going back a large section of the layered rock broke while I was climbing down. I only fell @ 5 feet. It made realize that I was in a dangerous place. Good thing I had my cell phone too.
On the Northeast side of the mountain is the Ivanpah springs. A large amount of water is flowing out from between the layered rock. I found it is and was a very interesting place for a nature lover like me. Signs nearby said the spring is on private property so I did not get to get any closer. I did find there was a rock quarry nearby too.
Bechtel Inc.is building a solar generating plant to the east. That was why I was there. Anyone want to volunteer to pay my taxes ?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Injured Hiker Rescued In Difficult, Extended Operation

Rick1886May 31, 2011 01:05PM

jobe934May 31, 2011 01:46PM

Mr_Wayne1022June 01, 2011 06:28AM

LaughingBear863June 02, 2011 11:45PM

jobe879June 03, 2011 05:53AM

jobe1334June 05, 2011 06:19PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login