Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Recent Messages

Deep Creek Hot Springs

The Moon is Waning Gibbous (87% of Full)

Advanced

05-16 trip report

All posts are those of the individual authors and the owner of this site does not endorse them. Content should be considered opinion and not fact until verified independently.

May 17, 2011 08:19AM
I arrived at the Freedom trail head at 2:35 pm. I drove up the road #3380 route from Deep Creek road up the power lines from Hesperia . The road was in fairly good condition . I saw a 3-4 foot Rosie Boa snake in the road. My first instinct is to kill a snake at first sighting. The Rosie Boa is my favorite snake in the whole world. I stopped my car and talked to this snake for 10 minuets before he disappeared into a whole in the ground . It was cold and the wind was gusting from 10 - 30 mph . When I got to the parking lot . This route only took 15 minuets to go from Deep Creek road to the Freedom trail head .
When I went down the trail I met a couple from Ontario who related this story :
He Said this was only his second time going this Freedom trail route . Because he saw the guy at the Bowen ranch pull a rifle out and threaten a guy he said owed him money . He said " he did NOT want to do business with some one like him . " He said the guy paid him very quickly .
When I got to the springs there were about 20 people there. It was 100% naked and about 60/40 on the male/female ratio. The wind was not as fierce as up hill and the sun was shining bright . The creek is not too cold and it did not get up to my belly button .
The Womb pool is as clean and pristine as it has been in 8 years. I had it to myself for about 30 minuets before hikers started melting into the 101 degrees water.
I met two organic farmers from San Francisco. They had visited friends in the High Sierra mountains. Then spent 3 days camping in Joshua Tree National Monument . Some one there told them about the springs and they wanted to be there they said . They were very down too earth and wholesome looking spirits . What a terrific life they must be living, I wandered to myself .
While at The Arizona pool I noticed it is knee deep and warm where the springs meets the pool . The pool near the creek is hot on top and @ 60 degrees on it's bottom . This indicates there is still a lot of creek water flowing through the pools bottom . I only spent @ 15 minuets there soaking .
The Anniversary pool is where most of the interesting conversations were on going . It was mostly clean and @ 102 degrees.The Jokes that were told there were neither clean or warm but, funny just the same ;~) THANKS ! .
There were 2 other regular visitors there and they both gathered trash from around the springs . So I got my trash bag out and joined in their custom . The trash was not too bad .
I was glad I brought my long pants as it was cold and windy at 6:30 when I left . The sky was as pretty as any Maxfield Parrish painting . The Orange and the Red Poppies were still trying to bloom even in this weather, what a surprise !

Happy soaking !
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

05-16 trip report

jobe1503May 17, 2011 08:19AM

Re: 05-16 trip report

celtfire2033May 17, 2011 04:27PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login